Thursday, August 23, 2007

Ashley is not yours!

Earlier this year, Aunty Maria found a cat, a persian who was straying around her neighbourhood. She loves cats, yes but she can't afford to adopt one since her husband is not so fond of cats. So, she asked my mum to take car of the cat. My mum was reluctant at first because we already have so many cats living with us and don't think another one would be a good idea but Aunty Maria insisted saying no one will take care of the poor cat.


So, we did [seperti kes kes yang lain]. We named him Ashley because of his ash-like colour. And we thought he was a kitten because that time he was so small and scrawny and bony.


But we were wrong. Looking form his teeth development, he is definitely not a kitten. He was just malnutritioned and the theory was right because less than 2 months he blossom to be a big handsome cat.


Now, because we know that he is not our cat, my mum advertise ashley in most of the petshop and vet in Shah Alam to find his real owner and we even asked around. I mean, we know the agony of losing beloved cats.


My mum also asked her friends include this lady that I call Mak na. Mak na earlier told my mum that she lost a cat, in fact it is a persian. So my mum probed her more. Manalah tahu tu kucing diakan, bolehla bagi balik.


She said, her lost kitten [not even an adult cat] was a female cat and she was still small when she went missing.


Ok. So that could not be her cat because Ashley is a boy.


Because Ashley is a new cat, he is not so welcomed by the others, so we decided to put him inside the cat cage outside, with Jessie . Now, every tuesday, my house will be the gathering place for people to learn tafsir Quran which one of the students is Mak Na. She always passed by the cat's cage and said nothing.


When Ros Kamal left for Egypt, mom decided to let Ashley into the house so he could play freely.And of course with his thick fur, staying outside under the hot sun is a big no no. So now, Ashley who has developed from scrawny cat to a big bushy beautiful creature enjoys his own time pleasuring insde the house, even during the kelas tafsir.


Suddenly last week Mak Na said something weird "Mak na rasa nilah kucing mak na yang hilang tu" and point at ashley yg tengah terkangkang atas simen.


My mum wrinkled her brow


emak: Tapi mak na cakap kucing makna betina ni jantan
mak na: eh, ye ke betina, mak na rasa kucing makna jantanlah.


emak: hmm. kucing makna tu dah dikasi[castray] ke belum?
mak na: belum
emak: Oh kucing ni dah kasi


mak na: Oh, tak tahulah. agaknya orang yang ambik kucing mak na tu dah kasikan dia tak?
emak: kucing ni dah besarla, kucing mak na yang hilang tu kan kitten
mak na: bla..bla


But she get her point straight. She think that is her lost cat and she wants it back.


So yesterday, when I arrived at home she was at my doorstep. "Na, makcik nak tengok kucing tu boleh?"


Politely I invited her and another macik in walaupon aku series nak tutup pintu.
Makcik yang lagi sorang tu pon aku angin gak, dulu yo yo o je bela kucing lepas tu ignorekan, kucing dia skang kesian aku tgk, 24 jam kelaparan. Terpaksa mencurik makan dekat rumah aku sambil menyebarkan kurapnye kepada kitten-kitten yang di dalam sangkar. bagusla tu.


So they went inspecting the cat while aku berpura-pura bz buat apa tah.


"Dulu bulu leher dia tak panjang macam sekarang kan?" she asked
I said "Eh, takdelah, bulu dia memang dah panjang". Which is true ok. Siap kene potong sebab bersimpul-simpul.


"Yelah, rasanya ni kucing makcik ni"
I keep quiet.


"Tak pelah takde rezekila tu"
I am still quiet. And then she keep repeating that's her cat and the takde rezeki part.


I assume she is waiting for me to say "Oh ambikla kucing tu". Yeah right. Jangan harap.


First, she said earlier that her cat is female but shen she know Ashley is a male cat tetibe tukar cakap kucing hilang dia tu jantan and she said it was a kitten but ashley ni dah bapak besar ok. And she said the cat is not castrated but ashley is. Second, she is shocked to learn that we let ashley stay inside the house while her cats stay outside the house. I mean, what type of idiot are you? Kau bela kucing persian lepas tu kau suruh duduk kat luar lepas tu expect kucing kau tak kene curik? Third, she asked me what I feed Ashley that he became so big, I told her it's iams and asked her about her cat's food. Dia jawab"tahla mak cik pon tak tahu". Apaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Kau tak tahu kucing kau makan apa?


Excuse me, but you sound so irresponsible to me.


So she left after I still decided not to say anything.


But she called my mum. She said, she is willing to trade ashley with her cat dekat rumah. What kind of owner are you when you are willing to trade your cat? Oh, sebab kucing kau kat rumah tu buruk, kau sanggup kasik kat orang? Ala takpela ,sebab nak tukar dengan kucing persian. Like wtf


I really hate it when people aske me"ada tak kucing kau yang bulu panjang, kalau ada aku nak". Lanchau engkaula. Nak bulu panjang aje, kucing biasa tak nak. Nak yang chantek je lepas tu bagi makan friskies. First of all, do you know that by owning persian in Malaysia, you are technically torturing them with the heat? If you do, please make sure your house is air conditioned. And if you are truly an animal loverlah kan, bulu panjang ke, bulu pendek ke, takde bulu ke, bulu kerinting ke, ko takkan kesahnyela.


My point is, I really can not tahan when she said, she is willing to tukarkan her kucing yang buruk kepada kucing yang chantek. Kucing pon ada perasaan ok? Apa perasaan kau bila masa kecik kau buruk, mak kau tuka kau untuk baby yang lebih comel?


My mum said no. Because we already love ashley even dia telah mengasah kukunya dekat sofa sampai dah berbekas.


I said no because i love ashley and that lady is not convincing enough.


I mean, let say there's someone who respond to our ads and have enough proof to say ashley is hers, even I feel sad, I will let ashley go because I know he will be in a good hands. And, I know the fact that she is not mine, the real owner deserve to get her cat back


My mum wanted to pay that lady [because she doesn't want to let ashley dibiarkan duduk dekat luar if we give him to her] since she asked for something in return if we still degil want to keep ashley.


I feel cheated if my mum pays her.


But at the same time, doesn't want to let ashley go to her.


So I told my mum to follow my way. Next kelas tafsir we would both act as if nothing happen and if she started to talk about her missing cat, buat bodoh je.


Cakapla berapa banyak kau nak. Pedulik apa aku.
I don't really like to entertain people who keep changing their facts just to get what they want.


Oh. My message, if you ever want to buy, bela a cat, please love them dearly. Love them forever. Sometimes I don't understand owners who decided to leave their cats behind or to give the cats away sebab nak balik kampung or nak pindah rumah baru. tak kesian ke kucing tu?tak sayang ke?tak rindu ke?



But I guess that's just me.

No comments: