Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Plese don't arrange that

She started to communicate the using the "f" language with me. Although I was once a pro in the "f" language but perhaps now I can't seemed to comprehend any because to me none of her words make any sense. Had enough, I dragged her aside from other familiar faces and made her tell me what's going on.


"My grandma had match make me with a guy".

I looked at her uncertainly, although actually I had heard the same news somewhere.

"So? Have you met him?"

She shook her head but she had a picture of him in her possession. According to her the guy was podgy and short which should not be an issue. The concern now is, the grandma made her look like a desperate spinster.

And she is younger than me.

Well, if you must know, the mother of the guy called her after heard her saying she would give it a shot, just to gratify the grandma. She had to say yes after the mother insisted of knowing her. But things didn't work out after the mother anticipated more that she could offer. According to her, the mother wished that she would be shorter than the guy which is whattttt? And started to make some gratuitous comments of her other requirements and perhaps she is not the perfect match for her son.

She was hurt yes but mostly she is ashamed. Now it looked like she is the one who is drooling over him. First of all, she did not give any consent saying that someone should look for her soul mate, neither her parents. Obviously the parents were mad after finding out the truth.

She asked the grandma, what is the reason for dear grandma to take such action. Oh, the grandma pity her because it seemed that everybody is getting hitch.

That, bunnies. Made me snort. I mean, what is that suppose to mean?

Why must most people assume that being unattached and unmarried would make you miserable? Although I must say having a partner does boost your mood but not in all cases. And why must most people assume by getting married is something like reaching the nirvana? Like, hello I am getting married, it's like I am meeting the dalai lama.

Maybe true to some people but not entirely true to say until one get married, one will not be happy.

And if you are unmarried, you would somehow become a loser and should be sympathised by everyone?

Don't get me wrong. I do want to get married but until I find the right person for me, I don't mind loitering around [even there will be some time when I get stressed thinking about it.Hehe].

I don't know about other people but to me, a match make partner especially by my family member is a big no no. I revere guys who prefer to make their own effort by finding their own soul mate rather than asking it to be arranged. Yes, if you say that used to work last time, then good for you. But not for me. I cringe to hearing such proposition.

Because even when you thought u found someone and you thought you knew that person like the back of your hand, yet one day you wake up, you realised that you actually don't.

And you asked me to believe in arrange marriage?

Now please save the jodoh di tangan Tuhan for this entry. As true as it may be, it sounded too cliche to me.

No comments: