Wednesday, July 04, 2007

She makes me stronger

I am still in my melancholic mood.


First of all, I am not sure whether I should write this but I will anyway. Hope the person would not mind.



Taken from fatdoctor.org



She always this scar on her hand and that always left a question mark on me. Later I find out that it was a result from bone cancer.She is 26. Young and sweet.


I never had the chance to really talk to her until last night. Late dinner made me listen to her story.


She was 17 that time, the peak time for a teenage and realise the was a lump or more like a bone on her lower hand but it was not painful, in fact it was painless. She thought it was nothing until she decided to go for a check up. And she was detained in the horrible government hospital for few days. She cried the whole day she was there. Missing her family and battling her fear.


This is when was diagnosed with bone cancer. The Dr has to replace the bone [not sure radius or ulna] with her fibula, a bone from the leg along with two iron plats. She will be fine, the Dr said if nothing happen within few months of few years [I can't recall sebab aku macam sedih].


And few months later the cancer cell has spread to her lungs. Non-chalantly she told me quarter of her lungs is gone. The Dr had to take them out and will take out even more if they spread to other part of the lungs.


They will keep doing that until there's no more part of the lungs left.


Her family was and still here to support her.Hoping and wishing only the best thing for her. Oh, you should come to her birthday party the other day, you will understand what I mean.


The fact she is suffering form all this, she is always smiling and still smiling when she told me the story. I, on the other hand was terrified and being a cry baby adalah mula terasa hendak menangis.


No, I did not feel sorry for her. Looking at her you know she doesn't want your sympathy so feeling sorry is not what she ask. She..despite her kelembutan and her sweet smile, is a very strong person. I am not sure I would react the same if I am in her shoes. I don't think so.


She is a strong person. She is.


I feel hopeful for her but I must say I am also feeling sad. Hopeful that things will be better for her and sad because all the pain that she had gone through. Mentally and physically.


I know that God is Allmighty, so I wish to Him, at least give people like her a chance to enjoy and unfold the beauty that lies in life. Please let her taste the sweetness after being punt under a painful test.



Her story make me realise how many time in life I feel like giving up and how many time in life I feel like this life doesn't matter much anymore. And all the time when I neglect my health.


But she make me realised there's more to life. So much more.


Her life is no less enriched because of her disease, people like us should have no excuse to be miserable, quoted from someone who I really really adore.


Her last words that night was


"Sekarang ni aku berdoa dekat Tuhan supaya janganlah orang lain kene macam aku sebab sakitnya Tuhan aja yang tahu"


Baby, if they do,I hope they will be strong like you.

No comments: