Sunday, August 28, 2005

KLIA

11.10 pm


The arrival hall was always packed with people. Moved towards the arrival board. Flight from Jakarta was delayed. Sigh. A Chinese lady beside me turned and began to speak mandarin. Gave her a puzzle look and try to tell her I don't speak mandarin. I dun speak Chinese language at all. Failed, politely I gave her a smile and moved away.


11.30 pm


My bro went out for a ciggie. Someone called saying he's at the airport, leaving on the jet plane. I thought he was supposed to go on Sunday. Mixture of feeling. Hollow


12.00 am


Still thinking whether should I climb two level up to departure. Take a seat on the chair. An old man in a wheel chair smiled and waved gaily to his children. Hug. Kiss. The father went to China and forgot his dialysis session. Worried look on sons' face. I missed my father. Felt like crying.


Saw a guy with black denim jacket leaned against a pillar. Quite cute, ruffled hair. Looking worried. Keep looking at his watch and checking his handphone. I wonder why he acted so worried. Perhaps he missed his girlfriend so much.


12.15 am


"Final call for passenger MAS Airlines and British Atlantic Airways to London.."


Goodbye, I bid silently.


12.30 am


Girls with beaded hair walking merrily from the gate. Must be from Bali, I thought. Stewards and stewardess walked proudly from the gate. So did pilots.


"Hey since when steward can wear spectacles?"
"These days even pilot can wear one" My bro answered lazily.
"Oh, than I can apply for stewardess"
"Cukup tinggi ke?" He threw me a mocking look.


Sigh.


Suddenly the jacket guy rushed next to me, towards a lady with a pram. He hugged the lady and quickly unlocked the pram's belt. Hugged the baby like he would never see her again.


"Sweetheart, daddy miss you"
And danced with the girl in his hand.


Sweet.
I felt my heart is bigger.


12.45 am


My eyes are getting droopy. Had seat on 3 different chairs.I was looking at pictures on my phone when this aunty was telling her sibling what a blast she had in London but she still prefer France. Oh, I know it's bad to eavesdropping but couldn't help it.


"I need another ciggie. You watch for mom"


So I stand facing the departure gate. Waiting. 3 minutes. Nope. Wait again..5 minutes..And yes, there she was.


Beam.
Suddenly I don't feel tired anymore...

No comments: