Wednesday, August 03, 2005

High above me

I glanced at my reflection on the mirror. Am ready. Clutched my sunglass and made my way to the door.


It was hot. So my choice of wearing aseana kurta and slacks to the wedding was somewhat suitable. I can anticipate mockery from some people like I give a shit anyway. I came there for the sake of ayam masak merah..but ehe..I get more than I could bargain.. He was there, at the entrance, highlited even in the crowd. In his caramel baju melayu and samping, he stood tall along with his brother. I fasten my pace followed by my mother


He smiled at me. A killer smile that nearly made me paralyze.

"Hi"
"Hi" I replied after 13 years of not speaking.
"Where's your brother?"
"Sleeping as usual"
Chuckle.
Smile. I took a good look at him under my sunnies.

Tall. Lean. Dashing
Melt.
Smile



One week ago someone knocked my door. When the door was opened by me, I saw her mom with a wedding card on her hand.


Please don't tell me that he's getting married. He's still young


Luckily it was his sister. Phew




The catering was appetizing, The ayam masak merah was simply mouth watering. Even my mom started her old perangai. She asked for the caterer's number in case her only daughter gets married. Sorrylah emak. It's not going to happen. I haven't found the one pon yang want to marry me. Sheesh. I was concentrating on my food [really] when out of the sudden I feel the urge to tilt my head. And I saw him.. Stared at him for few minutes. He's always with that smile..The smile that robbed my heart since I was 10.Not only mine but many many hearts. After that, even I told you the food was yummy, I felt it getting yummier...


Had to be the gadis ayu or else my mom will pinch me when nobody's looking [hoh! She still do that :( ]. So had to salam the makciks and prepared to make my way home. Kejinya, I was hoping that I would see him again at the entrance.I did. I swear he was looking at me with that famous smile when two guys came up with shake hands. One of the guy looked at me and smile but I tak selera to smile back. The other said " Awek kau kat blakang "


Oh. She was stunning if you asked me. With the red kebaya and her velvety, silky black hair, she made her way to his arms. I don't mind she wore kebaya, really but please don't let it be red coz red is my ultimate favourite colour in the world. I smirked to myself and walked until at one point I reached a junction where I know I can't see him anymore after this.. I turned my head.. He was looking at me while his hand holding his girlfriend..He glanced and again..gave me that killer smile..I smiled back..secretly.


If given chance to have him I would say no. Even that is the longest wish I ever hold. He and me don't stand on the same league. Having him might granted my wish but with a nightmare every night. Insecurities.


Life is funny. You asked..you wish for something..for many many years..but God never grant your wish. Instead He gave you something else. Something way better. Something priceless.


No. Not something. It's someone.

No comments: