Friday, August 26, 2005

Don't speak.

It was the 50 boards' chess competition. Chess used to be my favourite, yeah..I was a nerd surely chess was my kind of thing. Trying so hard to concentrate and at the same time think what shall be my subsequent movement ..hmm.. think harder..harder..


"Hoi, move the bishopla, after that the knight..and 5 steps after that you can check mate him"


Stare. Kau sapelah, instead he just smirked.
Double stare. He was still smirking but he moved away.


Turned out his calculation was right. I won in 7 steps.
"So you play a lot?" He came to me during break hour.
And after that we become friends. Close friends.


I furthered my studies in JB and he was in Subang. It was quite a distance but that didn't obstructed us from being close to each other. Whenever the chance came we would hang out at his place and laze around talking craps, mostly came from him or went to gratify our nightlife hunger which later turned me to be an addict [ but I managed to stop :P]. His mom acknowledged me and treated me like her daughter, perhaps it's because she didn't own one. Yeah, we were close but amusingly we just kept it to ourselves. No one in our circle of friends knew that we were that close. When I think of it, it felt weird.. But maybe I chose it to be that way. We both were different people. I was a fat geek and he was always the wild one with a brilliant brain, that always came up with brilliant ideas. And always hanging out with hot looking chicas.


Me: I want to be beautiful, like your girlfriends.
He : No, you just be who you are.
Me: No. I want to marry a pilot, so I have to be beautiful.
He: Hey, I can be a pilot.*laugh*
Me: No.Don't laugh.I'm serious, I'm tired being plain.
He: *Stop laughing* Someday, you will be because to me you are the most interesting girl I ever know.
Me: You said that because I'm your close friend
He: *Sigh and start smoking*


Something transpired between me and him 4 weeks before I turned 18. I decided not to talk to him anymore and he decided to go and study overbroad. When he was gone, I seldom think about him anymore, almost to never.


Until last night.


Ani Sup Utara is one of my favorite restaurant, they sell yummylicious soup. Waiting patiently, yours truly took a seat somewhere inside.


"Hey si kiki lala"
Kiki Lala. I hate that.I haven't heard people calling me that for almost 8 years. And there's only 1 particular person.


He grew up, but that cheeky face just won't go away.
I tried to find words to say but failed.


Non-chalantly he grabbed a chair and took a seat facing me.
"It's been a while huh?"
I can only afford to nod.
Silence.


"Are you still with that stupid Chinese guy?"


I laughed. After all this while that thing still bothered him, out of so many things.
We had a brief chit chat. He told me that his father passed way last year and now he's home to settle for her mom migration to UK. Apparently he's a permanent residence there.


"What have you been doing?"
"Ehe, screwing around, like I used to be." My answer.
"No, you look differentlah. You look great. Can I screw you?"
*laugh*
"Bodoh, you are still silly. Anyway, what have you been doing?"
"I'm a pilot"


I swear, I almost drop my soup.


He's leaving for UK this weekend for good.
I might not see him again.
And for that my heart sank.


But his last word will always remain.


"Is there any chance that you are still single?"

No comments: