Friday, March 26, 2004

The Ignorance of Malaysian

Yeah..I got myself a job already. By Monday, I'll be working at adecco. I hope things will turn out fine for me.

Yesterday I went for my second interview at the other company. Basicly it's like MLM thingy where u have to reach some target, recruits new ppl under u and u'll get promoted. Err.. definitely not my cup of coffee. Well..ok so I was brought to the workplace environment in a supermarket(I can't believe I did this) where all the trainee on the whole did donation campaign for MAKNA, Majlis Kanser Nasional.

Now imagine this, u are walking in a shopping mall. From far u can see a sort-of-sales person awaits to pester u about their product. What will usually do? In my case I will just walk and ignore them or I just say "sorry, no thanks". Guess what? That was what I witnessed yesterday. Ehe..Malaysian people are so ignorant..and yes, that include me! I mean ..it's no harm listening ..and yes, I know understand how irritated they must felt when I show my ignorance towards them. What surprised me the most was.. Malaysian are also quite ignorant to charity.For examples ..My trainer approach a guy in the mall

Trainee:Have u ever heard of MAKNA ,sir?
Man:Something2 to do with cancer rite? Well, since I don't have cancer and neither does my family, I don't think I'm interested.
Trainee:Have a good day sir *smile*-->this guy is so unbeleivable.

If I'm in the situation I would say "Well thank you sir, Hope to see you with cancer in the future".

Totally horrible. My late uncle had cancer so I really think this sort of campaign really benefits people. We might be healthy today but who knows what happen tomorrow? The program is actually brilliant. All u have to do is just donate for like..Rm1 perday. A total of RM30 will be deducted from your Maybank account daily and if u want to stop donating just contact MAKNA and they'll freeze your account. The donations will go to those people who are suffering from cancer but can't manage to deal with high medical bills since cancer really cost a lot. So by donating, u will help them to reduce their burden . Won't u like if poeple do the same thing to u or your family?

All I'm trying to say is..The next time when people approach u about some product or campaign in the mall, just spent a lil' of your precious time for them. Or if u are really not in the mood, at least give them a smile and say something nice like "sorry" or whatever chivalrous words that u can think of that time..coz I believe..they are human too :)

No comments: