Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Pop Culture

I've been tag by tina.


The Songs
Ok, the rules:


1. Go to Pop Culture Madness site.
2. Pick the year you turn 18 years old.
3. Get yourself nostalgic over the songs that year.
4. Write something about how those songs affected you.
5. Pass it on to five more friends.


The songs that registered in my mind are :


1. All My Life - K-Ci and JoJo


I just love this song. It always reminds me of youth and my first love. Every time I heard this song, I will think of him. Yeah, he is sweet but perhaps not the sweetest. He thought me how to love someone and turned me from someone who hated everyone to someone who at least learn to appreciate myself [but I still hate almost everyone. Haha]. He thought me my first kiss and how it feels to cry of broken heart. But I think I broke his heart more by walking away with err ..another guy. Who I turned to hate until today. Kemak punya jans. Hehe. Emo pulak.


2. Bitter Sweet Symphony - the Verve


I love this song till this very day. It came out to be the soundtrack for Cruel Intention, one of my favourite movies. Why do I love it? Coz of the music lah kot, it is slightly different from the rest. Although I must say the very first time I heard it, I sort of got a headache. But who, the second listening session made me hooked.



3. Sweetest Thing - U2


Oh God. This song remind me of my rotten time in MCC Kuantan. I hate that place. Pagi-pagi ahad masa aku tengah membuta lagik, mesti ada orang bukak radio and main lagu ni. And in my tidur-tidur ayam, I will be thinking what shall I do for that day or where shall I go for dating. Of course I can't wear the short skirt because this is bloody kuantan jalan gamb[p]ang and kalau kau nak mati pakaila. Most of the lecturer hated me sebab aku first day datang dah kene masuk bilik HEP, kene sound except for my physics teachers sebab aku terrer gile physic. Haha. And oh, the Chinese Chem teacher doesn't seemed to mind me too, siap gelakkan aku lagi bila aku tak paham-paham apa die ajar. But he should be put aside coz he live in his own world.



4. Thank U - Alanis Morisette


Remind me of my school and my friends in school. We like to ponteng prep and tengok tv curik-curik tengah-tengah malam buta to watch billboard or vidz. Alanis morisette was hot back then. I am not saying she looked hot or what but her songs were. I usually listen to this song yang telah di rekod dalam kaset[kaset okkk?] dan di pasang to walkman but disambung kepada speaker besar. Haha. I used to live in this one schema block call Zainab Hall where the students were super skema [dun give a fuck if one of them is reading this] bila aku pasang je lagu pakai speaker mesti bising. After that I moved to Khadijah Hall and ehe, it was superb.


5. Torn - Natalie Imbruglia


The first debut of Natalie Imbruglia. I loved her hair, her eyes and this song. I thought this song was about a girl who hatinye tertorn but then somewhere this year I read a blog of someone who said it was related to some kind of taboo thing. Adakah selaput dara yang torn? Well, honestly it never crossed my mind. Lihatlah betapa innocentnya aku.


Am tagging;


a) Lenny
b) Uda
c) Alan
d) Darling8tabby
e) AM

No comments: