Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Emergency break

While I was driving few days ago, I remember something.


2001


It was raining and I was on my way back to Shah Alam after a long day of class and shopping. That time, I was still living with mum and belum mengecapi hidup wasted bersama rakan-rakan. So anyway, the road was kind of empty. Actually it was not empty but everyone maintained their distance since it was raining and it was dark. I was, as usual singing along the song from the stereo when suddenly the car in front of me performed an emergency break dan aku lambat perasan sebab was too dazed with flashes of lights.


Kepala hotak diela. Nak tak nak aku terpaksala break kan?Dahla aku ni menggelupur.


What happen when you drive kancil and suddenly menekan break dengan kuat sewaktu hujan lebat?


Your car membuat pergerakan 360 darjah dari kiri. As I breaked, I felt my car mengona [meng-corner, incase you are wondering] ke kiri sambil membuat bulatan with a loud screeching sound.


And it was on a fucking highway. Luckily there was no one behind me or on my left. Luckily.


I survived that night.




2005


It was Ramadhan and emak was not around, she went to Jakarta to stay with Ros Kamal. Seperti biasa, when emak is not around, keadaan akan menjadi kelam kabut, I sudah terbangun lambat dan that time, keadaan adalah hujan.


I know it is stupid to speed during hujan but I can't waste even a minute. I had to handle few paper works and some important calls before meeting my client that day dan kalau aku lambat, macamana aku nak chat-chat lagi nanti? Kang keje tak siap. Oh, anyway before reaching damansara toll using NKVE, I took the usual corner.


Mungkin wa tangkap lentok abis time tu wa korner maut beb, without realising there was a car dengan pundeknye buat emergency break di depan gua. I had no choice but to switf the car to the right, which will bring me to the metal divider.


Sambil menutup mata, I pushed the break so hard until I there's no space left to tekan. The car was making a stupid horrible screeching sound and I am 110% sure I am going to crash into the devider and of course die. Takpelah aku pikir semasa itu, mati dalam bulan puasa.


Tetapi! Dalam chics berkira-kira tentang untung nasibnya, kereta itu pun berhentilah.


The car was only few inches from the divider okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. Cuak tak hengat aku time tu. I had to drive with legs that were as lembik as jelly.


I survived that day.




Until today, aku benci gila kalau orang buat emergency break. Benci.

No comments: